50 Powerful Self-Esteem Quotes to Improve Your Life Today
Self-esteem is a crucial part of our overall well-being. Having a positive sense of self-worth can make a significant difference in the way we live our lives. It affects our relationships, work performance, decision-making abilities, and overall happiness. If you’re struggling with low self-esteem, it’s essential to know that you’re not alone. Thankfully, there are ways to improve your outlook on yourself, including reading inspirational quotes. In this article, we’ve compiled 50 powerful self-esteem quotes to uplift and motivate you to live your best life.
1. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” -Christian D. Larson
2. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” -Rumi
3. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” -Mark Twain
4. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” -Oscar Wilde
5. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” -Zig Ziglar
6. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” -Vincent Van Gogh
7. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -Oscar Wilde
8. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” -C.S Lewis
9. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” -E.E. Cummings
10. “You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” -Louise L. Hay
11. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” -Unknown
12. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” -Oprah Winfrey
13. “Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
14. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. “Believe you can, and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt
16. “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” -Michel de Montaigne
17. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
18. “It’s not what you are that holds you back; it’s what you think you’re not.” -Denis Waitley
19. “You are enough, just as you are.” -Meghan Markle
20. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.” -Louisa May Alcott
21. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” -Rosa Parks
22. “You can’t please everyone, and you shouldn’t try to because you’ll end up pleasing no one, least of all yourself.” -Unknown
23. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” -Carl Jung
24. “Just be yourself. Let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, and magical person that you are.” -Unknown
25. “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it didn’t work. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” -Unknown
26. “No one is you, and that is your superpower.” -Unknown
27. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” -Lalah Delia
29. “Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem.” -Iyanla Vanzant
30. “It’s not what you say to everyone else that determines your life; it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the greatest power.” -Unknown
31. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” -Rumi
32. “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has -Kurt Vonnegut
33. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” -Maya Angelou
34. “Your opinion of yourself becomes your reality.” -Dr. Steve Maraboli
35. “You can’t build joy on a feeling of self-loathing.” -Ram Dass
36. “Be yourself, but always your better self.” -Karl G. Maeser
37. “What you think of yourself is much more important than what people think of you.” -Lucius Annaeus Seneca
38. “Treat yourself as if you were someone whom you are responsible for helping.” -Jordan B. Peterson
39. “You are not what has happened to you. You are what you choose to become.” -Carl Jung
40. “Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.” -Wayne Dyer
41. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” -Zig Ziglar
42. “You’re imperfect, and you’re wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” -Brene Brown
43. “Each person is born with a purpose. They just have to find it.” -Unknown
44. “What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself.” -Abraham Maslow
45. “Believe that you can and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt
46. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” -Brene Brown
47. “Confidence is not ‘they will like me.’ Confidence is “I’ll be fine if they don’t.” -Christina Grimmie
48. “The only courage you ever need to do anything is the courage to stand by yourself, listen to yourself, trust yourself, and let that guide you.” -Unknown
49. “If you want to have true confidence, it’s important to embrace your vulnerability.” -Jenna Kutcher
50. “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” -Carl Jung
In conclusion, improving your self-esteem is a journey that takes time and effort. These 50 powerful self-esteem quotes serve as reminders that you are worthy, capable, and deserving of love and respect. Remember to read them often, write them down, and repeat them to yourself daily. And most importantly, believe them. With time, you’ll find that your self-esteem will rise, and you’ll become more confident and happier in your life.
1. What is self-esteem?
Self-esteem is a measure of how much you value yourself, your self-perception, and how much positivity or negativity laces your views of who you are.
2. How does self-esteem affect our lives?
A positive self-esteem can help us feel more confident, make better decisions, have better relationships, and live a generally happier life.
3. Can self-esteem be improved?
Yes, it’s possible to improve your self-esteem through counseling or therapy, self-help techniques, and reading inspiration self-esteem quotes.
4. Why is it essential to work on improving our self-esteem?
Working on improving our self-esteem is crucial to our well-being because it helps us believe in ourselves, make better choices, and have healthier relationships.
5. What are some activities that can improve self-esteem?
Practicing self-care, setting achievable goals, being compassionate and kind to yourself, and surrounding yourself with positive influencesare a few ways to improve self-esteem.