When on WhatsApp, there’s only one tick: here’s what it means!
Everyone who uses WhatsApp has experienced the slight panic that sets in when a message sent remains marked with only one tick. Some people might start to think about whether the person on the other end is ignoring them, has not received their message, or is simply too busy to reply. The truth is, one tick on WhatsApp does have a specific meaning. In this article, we will explore the meaning behind the single tick message indicator on WhatsApp.
What does one tick mean on WhatsApp?
The single tick on WhatsApp means that your message has been successfully sent to the recipient’s device. It does not necessarily mean that the recipient has received the message. In fact, the recipient’s device might be turned off, or there might be a weak internet connection that is preventing the recipient’s device from delivering the message.
Understanding the different message indicators on WhatsApp
WhatsApp has three different message indicators that are used to show the delivery status of sent messages.
1. One tick: A single grey tick next to a message you have sent means that it has been sent to the recipient, but they have not yet received it.
2. Two ticks: Two grey ticks next to a message signify that the message has been delivered to the recipient’s phone, but they have not read it yet.
3. Two blue ticks: Two blue ticks next to a message indicate that it has been delivered and read by the recipient.
When only one tick is showing, what should you do?
It can be nerve-wracking to not receive a response from someone after sending a message, especially if you only see one tick on your message. Here are a few things you can do if this happens:
1. Wait for a while: Sometimes, messages take a bit of time to be delivered over the internet. It is a good idea to wait for a while before assuming that the recipient has not received the message.
2. Check the internet connection: If the recipient has poor internet connectivity, the message might take a while to be delivered. Check your internet connection as well to ensure that your message has been sent successfully.
3. Send a follow-up message: There might also be a possibility that the message was missed, or the recipient forgot to reply to the message. In this case, it might be a good idea to send a follow-up message as a reminder.
4. Call the recipient: If a message is urgent, and the recipient has not replied to it, it is probably best to call them to make sure they have received the message.
In conclusion, one tick on WhatsApp means that your message has been successfully sent to the recipient’s device, but the recipient has not yet received it. It is important to understand the different message indicators on WhatsApp to know if your message has been delivered and read. If you do not receive a response after sending a message with only one tick, it might be best to wait, check the internet connection, send a follow-up message, or call the recipient to ensure that they have received your message.
1. Can I see the exact time a message was delivered on WhatsApp?
Yes, you can see the exact time a message was delivered on WhatsApp – as well as the time it was read – by tapping and holding down on the message and selecting “Info.”
2. Is it possible to delete a message that has already been delivered on WhatsApp?
Yes, it is possible to delete a message on WhatsApp as long as it has not been read by the recipient. Simply tap and hold the message and select “Delete” from the menu.
3. What happens if I send a message on WhatsApp while my device is offline?
If you send a message while your device is offline, the message will be marked with a clock icon until your device goes online, at which point it will be sent to the recipient.
4. What do the two blue ticks and a single grey tick together mean on WhatsApp?
If you see two blue ticks and a single grey tick next to a message, it means that the message has been delivered and read by some of the message recipients, but not all of them.
5. How long does it take for a message to be delivered on WhatsApp?
The time it takes for a message to be delivered on WhatsApp depends on the recipient’s internet connection speed and the location they are in. In some cases, it might take just a few seconds, while in other cases, it might take a few minutes or even longer.